Saturday, September 12, 2009

Where were you.......


when it happened? How did you first hear? I was taking Todd to school when we heard on the radio that a plane had hit the World Trade Center. We were both like, "wow" but didn't really think too much of it. After he got out at school, it was just Drew and I (he was 8 days away from being 1) and then I heard about the 2nd plane. I knew then. I got home as fast as I could and turned on the tv. I was glued to it for the next several days....in disbelief. It is still hard to believe. When I look back at the pictures and videos and think of all of the people who were impacted by the days events.....it makes my heart skip a beat.
I have made it a tradition with Drew that every year on September 11th, we make cookies and deliver them to a fire station. He loves it and starts talking about it weeks in advance. This was Addi's first trip (she loved the lights on the fire trucks). Drew always cons the firemen into a mini tour and he always gets to sit in the fire truck.

So where were you? What were you doing?
(I had this post scheduled for last night but for some reason it didn't post).

No comments: