Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Cutest "Little" Party Ever!

Last weekend, my baby turned 2!! I find it sooo hard to believe that 2 years have gone by since she was born. 2 whole years (shaking head)!!


I figured this would be the last year that I have a say so as to what her party theme will be (she has already developed quite an opinion) so I picked something very dear to my heart! I have had a life long love affair with Fisher Price Little People. I have no idea why...just always have. I still have some of ours when we were kids (remember the schoolhouse that the roof opened and the magnetic letters on a tray that slid out??). Well, Drew owned every Little people house known to man and I could never part with any of them (much to Keith's horror). So I decided to do a "Little People" party. once the idea was planted in my mind.....the ideas started flowing and I was so excited (you all know how I am with parties). I had to track down the party supplies on Ebay because they have been discontinued since 2005. But I will say...when an auction did pop up, I had virtually no competition and got everything quite cheap!! Guess I am the only person on earth interested in doing this theme! So, come on and I will give you the run down!


Here is the party girl. I ordered her shirt from Etsy. Isn't it just adorable??

The view of the room all decorated!

The food table! Most of the food was toddler friendly! I made this centerpiece with my Cricut! I was soo happy with how it turned out!The goody bags! Thanks to everyone who helped me track down enough Little People to include them in the goody bags!Addi is so lucky to have so many special friends and family to spend her day with! This is just a sampling of the many guests who helped us celebrate!The whole center of the party room was filled with "Little People". The kids had a blast playing and making towns.There's those blond sisters!!Addi opening her gifts. She didn't get this part at all and wanted to stop and play with each thing that she opened. Needless to say, this was a very long process!Stopping to take a drink from her new sippy cup that Ms. Beth gave her!She was sooo funny when everyone was singing to her. She was looking down but her eyes were looking all around. So sweet!She LOVED her cupcakes and has talked about them every day since the party!!This grocery cart was a real hit! She loves it (so do I)!! This is what I saw literally 2 minutes after we got in the car for the ride home. She was exhausted!! Thanks to all of the people (Little and Big) who came and helped us celebrate our precious girl's 2nd birthday!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Very cute!!

monica said...

Very, very cute. I've been waiting on more pics ;) I adore little people. LOVE the old fashion kind too! Cole, much to my dismay, doesn't care for them. *big sigh* He has a few sets and rarely plays with them.Makes me sad b/c I want to play!! he he he.... maybe there's hope eventually....

Lori said...

Oh my at all those Little People everywhere!! I'm guessing they had a blast at this party!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

That is a very cute theme. I bet they all had a blast.

Erin said...

Super cute idea.. I have never seen this theme before! Looks like a blast!

*Kelly* said...

what a great theme, and those "little people" shirts...too cute!

Holly said...

LOVE the theme, it's so colourful!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Ok, I agree, that is the cutest party ever! :)

Erin

www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What an adorable theme.

Anonymous said...

I can't find stuff like this any where for my son's birthday party