Sunday, August 2, 2009

Weekend Concerts!


We had a fun weekend full of music and concerts!


I love spur of the moment events. Friday night, Keith and I were just sitting around trying to decide what to have for dinner. We had finally decided to make some stuffed hamburgers on the grill (I will tell you about those in a minute) when Jackie called and said they had come upon a concert at Marietta Square and we should come and join them. It didn't take me long at all to convince Keith and within minutes we were in the car headed towards Marietta! We enjoyed pizza outside at Marietta Pizza Co.

Then we mosied over to the the square where they had moonwalks and other fun things for the kids to do. If you've ever been to Marietta Square, you know about the train. It is a climbing thing with a slide and about 3 train cars. The kids LOVE it. Jackie and I commented on how we really didn't understand how something so simple could keep the kids happy for so long. But it does...and that's really all that matters.

Just enjoying the music!!

And of course, we had to top off the evening with ice cream!! We are our father's children...hee hee!
And then on Sunday night...we attended a different kind of concert. There are about 35 churches in Cobb & Paulding counties that get together every year and do community wide projects for people all weekend long. They always end the weekend with a HUGE outside worship service with some of the best Christian music you have ever heard. It was awesome.
We weren't really sure what the idea behind these flags were but these girls just pulled them out and started dancing to the music. They even let the kids hold the flags for a bit. To each his own, I guess!
What a great weekend! Oh...and I almost forgot to tell you about the stuffed, grilled hamburgers. A friend at church was telling me about these and I have been wanting to try them ever since. Anyway, you make your patties very thin but kind of big around. Then you take one and put in any kind of goodies that you desire....like mushrooms, cheese, onion, anything really. Next, you take another thin patty and put it on top. You pinch the edges closed so everything stays inside. And then you grill them. YUM-MY! I wish I had a picture for you, but they were gone before I had a chance to take one. Keith was even standing at the counter eating his until I asked him if he was gonna join Drew and I at the table. Try them sometime!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sounds like a great weekend! We have stuffed burgers all the time. Love them:)